Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Favorite Tamago Sushi

I would love to share one of my favorite making dishes. I am a jap food lover...I love to experience different type of Japanese style of cooking. Most of the time I love to make 'dashi-maki-tamago' because I always thought it is quite a challenging dish to make.

This recipe has been slightly alter to my style of liking. I have tried various tamago sushi recipe online or in books. I find those are a little too sweet for me.

I hope you may like it and enjoy making it. Enjoy!!

Dashi-Maki-Tamago

6 whole eggs (medium in size)
6-8 tbsp dashi stock
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp mirin
2 tsp sugar (if you prefer slightly sweeter, can try 3 tsp)
pinch of salts

2 tbsp vegetable oil (for cooking)

Preparations:
1. Beat eggs in a bowl (make sure all eggs are beat well till smooth)
2. Add all mixtures and stir well
3. Heat a fry pan in medium heat *Preferably in a square or rectangular pan
4. Brush some oil into the heated pan
5. Pour a scoop of eggs mixture into the pan (make sure the mixture cover the whole surface in a thin layer)
6. Cook the egg until half done and slowly roll the egg to one side of the pan (I usually prefer to do it with a pair of wooden chopstick)
7. With the rolled egg still inside the pan, pour in a another scoop of mixture into the pan. Lift the rolled egg slightly, making sure the mixture flow in the underside of it.
8. Repeat step 6&7, the egg-roll should be thicker after 4th scoop of mixture. The tamago should be roll in the form of rectangular or in round.
9. Leave the last layer of tamago in the pan for a while and slightly brown it on the four side.
10. Before serving it, you can cut tamago into 1" thk or you can use it to make nigiri sushi!

Hope you will enjoy cooking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment